Saturday, November 7, 2009

#18 Wikis

Well, a word that I first really heard at a SDD earlier this year, but had no idea what it was. Now I have a much better idea!

I guess it's more like a conversation board, with the 21st century twist of not actually needing to talk to anyone! But we can garner opinions of others, or put ours out to the world.

I have just added a wiki via moodle for my new extension 2 class. Let's see what we can make of it. I am hopeful that they will make good use of it to collate group summaries and encourage significant interaction (and I can be there to ensure the accuracy of the content). This is a very hard course that they will more likely survive with copious assistance from a variety of viewpoints - I can't provide that all the time, so having access to their own classmates understanding will I expect be most helpful (much better than what I had to do at Uni!!! Leaving copious phone messages for a lecturer was not fun or good use of my time!).

No comments:

Post a Comment